Thursday, March 17, 2011

Our Blog - An Intro

The Intro
It seems that many brides-to-be start a wedding blog that chronicle the journey from single life to a married one.  While I liked reading them, I originally thought it was something that we would never do.  But then we started putting the wedding together and I realized that I had a lot to say.  There's an awful lot that happens when planning a wedding - or at least the kind I plan - and I realize that I wanted to remember most of it, years from now.  In fact, I wished that I had started this years ago when I was helping my sisters and friends plan their weddings.  So, even though Andy and I are two months into the planning stages of our wedding planning, I've decided to start a blog so that we would have a journal of the process.  Of course, I could have kept a private one but what fun would that be for all of you?

I'm also hoping that by doing it this way, Andy will feel compelled to write an entry or two.  Since most of this is informal, please excuse odd spellings, punctuations, and grammatical liberties. 

What is this WuFirs business?
Several years ago - maybe in 2003?  - Andy and I started playing a joint game of The Sims, a computer fantasy game that allows you to create characters and control their lives and actions. We decided to create Sims in our likeness with our astrological signs and personality traits.  We had to name our imaginary couple and the WuFirs were born (other names, FirWu, MelAn, lissaDy were all rejected in the naming process).  We quickly found that while we were compatible, the house got messy very quickly, we didnt make enough money, and we kept arguing about what type of furniture to put in the house.

As a sidenote, we no longer play Sims.  Our game playing ended abruptly one night when, while trying to cook dinner, the Andy WuFir caused a house fire and imploded. We decided never to play the game again.

- MW

No comments:

Post a Comment