Sunday, March 20, 2011

Say Yes to the Dress

With Andy out of town, I thought I could use the time to get a significant amount of wedding planning done. Turns out, I've done very little.  What I have accomplished, however, is finding a dress.  That's right.  I've finally found one.  Kinda.

I've always thought the wedding dress was over hyped.    I was never a huge fan of the wedding dress and I decided this was where I wanted to cut corners and save my budget for something else.  Yes, I want to look nice. Yes, I would like the dress to be pretty but other then that, I'm pretty indifferent about wedding dresses.  In fact, I started the entire dress shopping experience because of peer pressure.  "You havent ordered your dress?" and "You're going to run out of time" were two phrases I heard frequently.  I had planned to rent a dress or just get something easy but quickly realized that, that idea might not be possible.   Finally on my trip to NYC a few weeks ago, I decided to check out a few dresses.  I went to four places - Saks, Lovely Brides, J.Crew, and Bergdorfs.  Of course, the first dress I tried on at Saks was perfect.  I loved it and so did my friend Reena who came with me but of course, you can't love the first one and stop there, so I kept looking. Trying on about 30 more dresses.

I continued looking for dresses in Los Angeles, visiting sample sales, the Ivory Suite in South Pasadena, and even breaking down and visiting David's Bridal. I found a few I liked but nothing special.  That is, until I meet Alina Pizzano  (http://www.alinapizzano.com/).  My classmate Annjanette recommended her to  me and I decided to check out her recent trunk show.  I really enjoyed meeting Alina and felt that she understood what I was looking for.  Her price fit my budget and I'm very happy to say that I have now started the dress process. 

Next up, invitations, caterers, and photographers...

- MW

No comments:

Post a Comment